I have most recently been working in a freelance capacity on short term contracts.
The Movember Foundation
Working with Children Check Unit
Not For Profit Compliance Support Centre
|User Experience Designer/Researcher||Contextual interviews and low-fi wireframe development||Card sorting and Information Architecture development|
Usability/User Experience Consultant at U1
- Role primarily included managing usability testing projects on websites, mobile phone and tablet computers.
- Running projects for Australian based clients (examples include Yahoo!7, ANZ, Telstra, MCEC, and countless government departments) who require usability testing on their interfaces to improve their design. The deliverables were to document design recommendations and present these to clients.
- In this role I was often requested as a guest speaker on the topic of usability (e.g. UX Australia, Oz-IA, AIMIA and Ark conferences).
- I created the course content and taught the Usability Fundamentals training course to industry professionals.
Interaction Designer at MYOB
- Eliciting business requirements
- Designing solutions using wireframes (Axure)
- Documenting designs with functional specifications
- Desktop and Online projects
- I was responsible for designs to version updates to both MYOB Premier and Retail Manager, Australia’s most widely used accounting and retail software packages.
I have a passion for teaching. Most of my experience relates to usability/user experience related teaching and lecturing within both academic and commercial contexts.
- I created an online learning video for helping people learn how to run their own card sorting exercise
- I created the course curriculum for the Usability Fundamentals training course at U1
- Usability Engineering tutor 2012-2013 (3rd year undergraduate subject at The University of Melbourne)
- Read some comments made by students I have taught.
- In 2012, I was awarded the “Excellence in Tutoring Award” by the Department of Computing and Information Systems
- Internet meets society tutor (1st year Melbourne University students)
- An introduction to C programming tutor (1st year UNSW students)
- Data Organisation tutor – Java programming (2nd year UNSW students)
- Human Computer Interaction tutor (3rd year and Postgraduate UNSW students)
Usability/User Experience Guest Speaking Roles
- 5 minute industry talk on Commemorating using Digital Technology – Web Directions “What do you know”, Melbourne April 5th 2013
- UX Australia 2012 (Brisbane): Memento mori: Remember your mortality, 30-31st August 2012
- Ark 2005 – Usability testing workshop
- OZ-IA 2009 Audience Based Navigation
- ADMA 2008, 2009- Usability – An introduction
I develop websites as a hobby. A listing of some of these are below.
- GrailCraft – Art Therapist’s website
- MySwan – A research project where the general public can sight black swans around Victoria so that they can be tracked for research purposes
- Richmond Harriers – Running/Athletics Club website. Running would have to be my primary interest these days
- Commemorating Black Saturday – a website providing a listing of commemorative activities for the Black Saturday bushfires
- Blue Cross Animal Society of Victoria – Adopting neglected cats and dogs
I can be contacted on email@example.com